No one wants to go back behind bars once they have gotten out on bail. Building a defense with your attorney can ensure the trial outcome to go in your favor. Continue reading this article to learn more about the ABCs of designing a case strategy.
- Get out Early: Being stuck in jail means you cannot communicate and work with your legal attorney to build your side of the story. Not only that, you cannot look for exculpatory evidence while you are locked up. Even without the full bail amount at hand, one can access licensed bail bonds Rancho Cucamonga to get out of jail faster. For a fast-tracking bail, you need to pay only 10% of your bail as a non-refundable bond fee.
- Craft your Version: Once you are out on bail, you require a compelling narrative to resist the burden of proof that falls on the prosecution. Obtain the legal counsel of a trusted defense attorney. Competent lawyers can make the jurors see what they see and turn cases around, and you can rest assured that your rights are defended.
- Collect, Record, and Preserve New Evidence: A relevant discovery on the defense side is worth millions. An investigator can assist you in interviewing witnesses, going through paperwork and applicable laws. It is crucial to conduct a detailed primary survey by photographing and documenting everything, followed by the collection of newer evidence the prosecution might have missed. No evidence should be destroyed or contaminated in the process. Lastly, a secondary survey helps ensure that everything was processed and recorded and that all evidence has a transparent chain of custody as detailed in an inventory log.
- Probing the Personal Life: A fair trial might reveal important information regarding the case. One may discover hidden malicious intentions of the plaintiff, which can impact the court’s decision.
- Understanding the Law: A good defense lawyer is aware of the intricacies and knows how to lay down his plan to win the case. These little techniques play a vital role as the law is open to interpretation and can be used to one’s advantage. The best representation demonstrates to the court that their client is a real human being.
- Don’t Self-diagnose: Uncovering the truth requires the ability to fight with knowledge and persistence. You should refrain from trying to hide your mistakes, if any, and instead have faith in your attorney to successfully advocate for you at every stage, right from the preliminary hearing to the trial process. Your bail bondsman can recommend an experienced attorney to represent you in the courthouse. You should be aware of your constitutional rights as a defendant:
- You have the right to be informed about the accusations and the right to be defended by counsel.
- The defendant is entitled to the benefit of the doubt.
- Cruel and unusual punishments cannot be inflicted.
- Excessive bail or fines cannot be imposed.
The most important thing you can do is provide the lawyer with all the relevant data; so that he is well-prepared for every possible outcome. Before selecting an attorney to represent you in the court, go through his previous records to better grasp his skills.