Any owner of a commercial website is interested that their product does not attract all users, but the target audience, that is, directly potential buyers who are ready to make a purchase. This feature is taken into account by experts in the promotion of sites determining to target.
Targeting is the mechanism of Internet advertising allowing finding people interested in product or service you offer among all users. Unlike search promotion, the advertising message is aimed at that group of users, which is able to respond positively to its content. As the business developed on the Internet, a certain typology began to form, according to which several main targeting groups can be distinguished:
1. Temporal. Ads are shown only at a time when users are focused on finding information, for example, only in the morning, or only on Saturdays, etc.
2. Geographical. Advertising is shown only to users who live in a specific designated region, for example, only in Moscow or only in New York.
3. Thematic. It is one of the most progressive types for today. An ad on the topic corresponds to the content of the page on which it is posted. So, for example, advertising proposals for the sale of apartments are reflected on sites with real estate topics that interest users who are interested in buying or selling a living space. In order to simplify the process of placing ads using this scheme, contextual advertising was created and immediately perceived positively by the search engines and became the main tool for displaying ads.
4. Social (Behavioral). This type of targeting involves a number of criteria, which determine the proximity of users’ interests with the interests of the advertiser. The selection of criteria is based on data on a particular user’s visit to specific pages or voluntarily provided data (from questionnaires and surveys on the website). Thus, the advertiser has the necessary information about the age, gender, and interests of potential buyers.
New Approach: Cerebro
In January 2014, marketing experts who know how targeting works and who are well aware of its capabilities have got a reason for joy; there was an opportunity to carry out accurate advertising on a specific user database. It can be a database of telephone numbers or mail addresses of clients who have not contacted you for a long time, the database of visitors to your site or users of your application. Users who appear on your list can be shown individually selected advertisements.
What Are the Functions of Cerebro?
Cerebro is a functional program that collects data based on your customized criteria in the social media. By means of this program you can find:
1. Members of certain groups of interests.
2. The audience that leaves comments, enjoys and makes reposts in certain groups close to your topic.
3. Potential buyers who asked questions in photo albums with products in groups similar to yours.
4. Users having friends being members of your group.
5. Those who will have a birthday soon.
Having collected your database, you can save it and upload it to your customized advertising program. Then, you just need to adjust your advertisement aimed at your target audience.
Targeting Options in Cerebro:
1) Searching for the Audience
Due to this feature, you can find an interested audience to display your ads. You’ll be able to find groups that also include your subscribers. If a certain number of people among your subscribers are members of another group, it is likely that other subscribers of this community can also display an interest in your product or service.
2) Active Audience Search
Use the link of groups with your potential buyers and you will be able to see their activity on the page, whether they liked, reposted or commented certain post. You can also adjust the filter to the number of actions (likes, reposts, comments). Having found an active audience, send advertising to it.
3) Searching for Audience’s Posts and Discussions
You can specify the search and find only people who like, repost or comment on only specific posts. Let’s suppose you sell hair conditioners. You found a post in the popular community that discusses the rules of choosing this product and the nuances of its application. Thousands of people have liked this post, hundreds of people left their response telling about their experience of using a hair conditioner. All these people can become your target audience. Some percentage will have a longing to get what you sell.
4) Searching for the Audience in Communities
By inserting links to the groups you are interested in, you can find users who are simultaneously members of three, four, five or more groups. These people are more likely to subscribe to another similar community on the same topic. This method will help you to find your target audience.
5) Searching for People
Using “Cerebro Target” search box, enter the query that you are looking for an audience, you will get a list of all users who have recently entered this query. You can select this audience on the basis of the following parameters: sex, age etc.
6) Searching for Friends and Followers
By entering the links to the profiles of people interested in a certain field, you can collect users database including their subscribers and friends. Due to this filter, you can select only those users who are on the friend’s list, for example. Having formed a database of people subscribed to those who offer similar product or service, you can advertise your own ones. These people are likely to be more interested in your offer than subscribers of a group of interests.
This essay was written by Melisa Marzett, a freelance writer we have a pleasure to work with. She displayed her skills having found detailed information on the topic that on the issue of the day and having written an essay that included the most interesting information. Since she is a freelance writer, she also offers the whole range of writing services. If you want to use her services, follow this link http://getessayeditor.com/. We are looking forward to her new posts.