Turmeric, the root of an Asian plant, is not only used as a spice in cooking but also it has a plenty of other values for health and beauty care. Thus, products made from turmeric are always appreciated and used a lot in life, especially turmeric essential oil. Processed in a variety of ways from homemade to modern methods, turmeric essential oil is considered as an advanced product which achieves the highest levels of nutrients of fresh turmeric.
Scientists have discovered that turmeric essential oil contains over 20 antibiotic-active elements, 14 anticancer substances, 12 anti-tumor constituents and 10 different antioxidants. Combination of ingredients in turmeric essential oil makes significant benefits for both human health and beauty. Let’s learn about these incredible benefits and usage of turmeric essential oil in the following.
Recovering Postpartum Women’s Health
Curcumin works to remove blood stasis in the body, promote the increase of red blood cell deficiency during childbirth, eliminate toxins and improve immunity, so it is good for postpartum women to rehabilitate their health quickly.
Protecting Digestive System and Detoxifying Body
Turmeric essential oil has the ability to increase bile secretion to support the digestive system, but at the same time, it does not increase gastric secretion. Thus, it is useful for people suffering from gastric pain.
Moreover, turmeric essential oil also detoxifies the liver and reduces 50% of nicotine damaging to the lungs.
Preventing Cardiovascular Diseases
Turmeric essential oil reduces cholesterol levels and the risk of atherosclerosis. Meanwhile, it is capable of decreasing the amount of excess fat in the blood, but it does not cause dehydration and stomach pain as other weight loss products. Therefore, turmeric essential oil is a smart choice when you intend to lose your weight.
Treating Cancers and Promoting the Health
Many studies have recently confirmed that curcumin in turmeric contributes treating cancer types such as prostate, breast, stomach, digestive system cancer and so on. It is capable of inhibiting the growth of cancer cells and increase the body’s resistance.
Supporting Neurological Problems
According to recent researches, turmeric essential oil is proved to be supportive of treating dementia, memory loss, Parkinson’s disease and headaches. Besides, the use of turmeric supports in depression treatment.
To have the benefits of turmeric essential oil as mentioned above, you can apply three methods in the following.
- Put several drops of turmeric essential oil into a glass of fresh water.
- Add a little honey or fresh milk to it if you want.
- Consume this mixture twice a day after mealtime.
- Put some drops of turmeric essential oil into a bathtub of water.
- Soak your body in it and relax for 15-20 minutes.
- Have a bath again with clean water.
- Drip some drops of turmeric essential oil into a diffuser.
- Place it in your room or your office to sterilize the air.
Fighting Inflammation and Healing Wound
Curcumin in turmeric essential oil, which has strong antimicrobial properties, helps to inhibit inflammation, heal wounds, stop bleeding and remove scars in combination with other ingredients such as cyclocurcumin, turmerone, and turmerin.
How to do:
- Put several drops of turmeric essential oil into a basin of water.
- Cleanse your open wound with this water.
- Do it twice or three times daily until your wound closes.
Turmeric essential oil will help to disinfect, relieve pain and regenerate cells quickly so that the wound rapidly recovers and does not leave scarring.
Relieving Body Aches and Bone Pain
Turmeric essential oil, like fresh turmeric, has strong anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-arthritic properties and destroys the free radicals. Curcumin in turmeric reduces the enzymes and cytokines causing swelling, strengthens effects, reduces bone stiffness and treats joint pain. Therefore, it acts well in the treatment of body aches and bone pain. Studies conducted in Italy have shown that curcumin is better at treating pain and swelling than NSAIDs, which a type of drugs that reduce pain and decrease fever.
How to do:
- Mix turmeric essential oil and a type of base oil (jojoba, coconut olive oil and so on) in the ratio of 1:1.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area and gentle massage.
- Do this method daily for pain relief.
Treating Acne and Scar and Reducing Dark Spots:
Turmeric essential oil has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which help cleanse the skin, regulate oil and remove dead skin cells and dirt, and sebum accumulating in the pores. So, it rapidly reduces acne as well as prevents acne breakouts. Moreover, turmeric essential oil is also a potent antioxidant agent that is very effective in removing scars.
Furthermore, it also prevents the harmful effects of UV rays, which help reverse the formation of dark spots and whiten skin quickly.
How to do:
- Mix a little turmeric essential oil with tamanu oil in the ratio of 3:100.
- Use a cotton swab to absorb this mixture and apply it to the affected area.
- Do it once or twice a day to see the unexpected result.
Whitening Skin and Preventing Skin Aging:
Curcumin in turmeric essential oil is a powerful antioxidant that prevents the free cells from attacking the skin surface and harmful effects of the environment on the skin.
What is more, it also helps to maintain collagen texture, which helps to reduce wrinkles, especially on the corner of eyes and mouth.
Turmeric essential impedes and removes the accumulation of melanin under the skin surface.
Formula 1: Making a lotion
- Drip some drops of turmeric essential oil into a cup of fresh milk.
- Use a cotton pad to soak into the mixture and apply it all over your face.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse off with clean water.
Follow the formula three times a week to help skin smooth, anti-aging and healthy whitening.
Formula 2: Making an exfoliating face mask
- Put two tablespoons of rice bran or oatmeal into a bowl.
- Add two teaspoons of honey and 2-3 drops of turmeric essential oil to the bowl.
- Blend them together to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to your face and gently massage for 3 minutes.
- Allow it to rest for a quarter hour and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Apply it once a week to remove dead skin cells and help skin healthier.
Turmeric essential oil forms a protective film that prevents impacts of the environment on the hair and scalp. For this reason, it can protect and clean the scalp, make hair follicles healthy, prevent hair loss and stimulate hair growth.
How to do:
- Put a few drops of turmeric essential oil into a pot of water.
- After shampooing your hair, wash it with this water without cleansing again.
Some Notes When Using Turmeric Essential Oil
- Not overuse turmeric essential oil because it can cause side effects such as nausea, diarrhea, iron deficiency and decreased the body’s anti-inflammatory properties.
- Not use turmeric essential oil with Western medications because it can cause the blood.
- If using turmeric essential oil to apply the face mask, protect the skin care in the sun. The reason is that turmeric essential oil contains a small amount of acid that has the effect of skin erosion and make the skin catch the sun easily.
JASMINE HE being interested in health and beauty as well as having a strong desire for the well-being, I have a broad knowledge of this area after having the patience to learn and experience it for a couple of years. Along with my current education job, I have now been working as a freelance writer on health and beauty.